Saturday, October 10, 2009

On the way to Galway

I left this morning for a quick 2 hr ride to Galway. It's a lovely city, full of students. I actually feel a little bit old walking around here, it's amazing how many young people are out and about here. The only thing is that it didn't take me 2 hrs to get here, it took more like 7... Was doing ok, until I got a flat tire. I started fixing it and someone stopped to help me. Then the navigation system took me way out of the way and I ended up in northern Galway County in the middle of nowhere. When I finally realized that, I was in the middle of nowhere, so I headed back toward the City center. Once there, I accidently had an accident... yikes. Nobody is hurt, only the cars sustained any damage, but I was really upset to say the least. I felt really bad, since it was my fault (hit a parked car..). Before you laugh at me, I must remind you that people drive on the left over here and you don't realize how much room you have on the side of the car. Not to mention, the roads are ridiculously narrow. Now you can laugh, I'm over it. I scoped out a few places that looked like may be good places to watch the game tonight. I know everyone is going to be out.

Go Ireland!
~k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, what a great long trip you've had. You're an adventurer. Hard to get back to work? What a great group we had in Malawi. I'm ready to post my last Africa blog. Check it out. Loved reading yours. Keep in touch. Jill